Saturday, September 26, 2009

JSQ @ Lucid

Played with Jacob Stickney last night at Lucid, pretty fun gig. Jacob's music is all original, and has a lot of really interesting harmonic movements, which makes it really fun to play for me.

Jeremy Jones was playing drums last night, I have not heard him play outside of "The Hang" so I was really blown away by his playing. What a killin drummer!

Checked out the Greek festival today, traditional greek bands were playing. Super interesting, beautiful music. A majority of the stuff we heard was fairly slow though, I was waiting for them to bust into some sort of up-tempo, happier sounding songs, but it did not happen... something I think would be worth exploring though, listening to Greek folk music.

Cheers,

Mack

1 comment:

  1. If you're serious about checking out more Greek folk music, you should have a look at the Greek folk music channel at Plushmusic: http://www.plushmusic.tv/channels/4D7/world.html

    ReplyDelete