Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ray's Boathouse - Dick's Drive In!

Had an excellent private gig tonight.  It was me, playing solo - Jazz/Blues/X-mas songs.

Thought that it was going to be kind of strange, but it turns out it was awesome.  Thirty people about, all managers and owners of Dick's Drive In's.  I decided that I have not been getting enough 'practice' at these solo gigs that I do, so I decided I was going to sing a bunch tonight!  Sang tons of Christmas songs and Blues and Jazz, and man...!  I thought it was pretty good actually.  I brought my PA instead of my amp, and my keyboard sounds way better through it, not to mention the vocals.  I feel like after a song or two I got used to singing through the PA system, and had some control over it and could just relax and sing along.

People really had a great response to it, and it was the best practice I have had at a solo gig in a very long time, especially for being a casual.  I am going to sing a lot at all these upcoming gigs!

Sincerely,

Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment