Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lynnwood Food Bank Benefit!

A week ago, my quartet played a gig at the Lynnwood Free Methodist Church to benefit the Lynnwood food-bank. It was exciting to have a showcase gig for a good cause, and we earned over $1,600.00 for the food bank!

Clark Gibson was playing sax, Adam Kessler was playing drums and Devin Lowe was playing a lil' bass in your face.

Getting ready for the concert, I had a whole bunch of music picked out for us to perform, but it turned out that two forty-five minute sets was only a third of the material I picked out. Although we did not get a true rehearsal in (hard with everyones schedules) we played charts that were easy enough to get through as a band with very little rehearsal time. Some of those included Get Happy, Pure Imagination, I'm Walkin and a Charlie Parker transcription of Dewey Square. It was a fun gig, the music was all around exciting, however as a musician I cannot be satisfied! LoL! Next time we will be tighter, play better and have even MORE fun!!!

You can check out a clip from the gig on my website, www.mackgrout.com

Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment