Thursday, November 19, 2009

Owl n' Thistle, wet your whistle!

Went out to the owl last night, was a pretty good crowd.

Lets see, who was there... Michael Barnett, Chris Symer, Steve Tressler, Stewart McDonald, Eric Verlinde, Brad Gibson, Ray Price, Clark Gibson and Jose Martinez to name a few.

The Owl hang on Tuesday nights never stops impressing me, I cannot believe it has stayed so strong for so long now! Sometimes it is a dead week, sometimes it is hoppin!

Eric Verlinde is a total bad ass, I love that guy and his playing. Funny thing, I actually met Eric when I was in high school and he was playing piano for Dave Barduhn. They were on the road for a weekend and they came up and stayed the night at my parents karate school. Totally random, then several years later I met him at the whiskey bar (old wednesday night jam) and we were like 'woah!'

I sat in and played one crazy blues in G, and I Love You, the Cole Porter tune -- went okay, made me want to practice!

I want to start a Sunday afternoon jam session at my house -- let me know if you are interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment