Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaching

Long day of teaching today. I teach about fifteen hours of students a week in two days, so it gives me some long stretches of students.

Although it rocks, and I love teaching people about and how to play music, I have to admit that sometimes it gets very frustrating. A week or two with out much progress, that is okay and understandable... but once I see that you are not really trying or are not that interested in playing the piano? Get out of here, do not waste my time!

Hah... I sound so mean and hardcore here, I am really a super nice teacher... I am just at a loss with what to do with some of my students who seem stuck in a bad practicing rut. I am booking a recital for them to practice for, we will see if that helps. On the opposite side of things, I love it when my students (Kids AND Adults!) get some work done, and show pride in what they have done and are making great progress. They love it, I love it, everybody wins.


No comments:

Post a Comment